Housing Link provides individually tailored community support to adults living in Dacorum, who face difficulties in maintaining their tenancy, or are at risk of tenancy difficulties in the future. These difficulties could be due to mental health difficulties, learning disabilities, drug/alcohol use, or a combination of these issues.
We typically work with individuals who slip through the net of traditional care services. If you have been assessed by other mainstream services, but do not meet their eligibility criteria, or have experienced difficulties engaging with these services we may be able to help.
face to face support
How we can help:
We place great emphasis on building a trusting and consistent relationship with the people we work with. We will visit you on a regular basis, either in your home or within the community to help you resolve any housing difficulties. We also work closely with other organisations in the local area.
Following an assessment to confirm your eligibility for our support, one of our project workers will develop an action plan with you based on your unique needs. Focusing on the needs identified in your action plan, our one-to-one support package can include help in the following areas:
1. Maintaining your tenancy
2. Arranging repairs and maintenance
3. Support and access to mediation if you are experiencing difficulties with neighbours
4. Budgeting and applying for benefits
5. Access to employment /college/voluntary work
6. Attending important appointments
In addition to our one-to-one support, we also run a weekly tenancy support group. This is a good opportunity for clients to meet one another whilst sharing skills and experiences.
You are eligible for Housing Link support if you are:
• Facing current difficulties in maintaining a tenancy, or at risk of developing tenancy difficulties if left unsupported.
• Experiencing tenancy problems that are linked to mental health difficulties, learning disabilities, drug and alcohol use, or a combination of these issues.
You are welcome to contact us directly, by phone or in person at the drop in group. We also accept referrals from any agency or individual. The address for the drop in group is: Ground Floor, Wolsey House, Wolsey Road, Hemel Hempstead, Herts HP2 4TU.